The steps are an important part of the box builder setup. This is where you determine by example how many products can be added to the box and also give instructions to your customer at each stage of their shopping experience and purchase.
It's a huge part of the customer's experience with your box builder. If the experience is good and clear, sales will go up!
Step Title. Name the step here. Worth mentioning the title will show up on the website.
Step Description. Add some text to help the customer understand what's required from this step. Keep it short.
Step Short Title. If you're using the step progress bar, you can add a shorter title to show there.
Allow more than 1 of the same product to be selected. Tick this box if you want to allow for more than one of the same products to be selected (For example, if you are selling fake eyelashes, and you want your customer to be able to add multiple of the same style in their builder. The maximum quantity allowed, per item, will take into account your settings below.
- Display Order. Set the order the step will display within this builder.
- Minimum Selections. How many products does the customer have to select in this step?
- Maximum Selections. Can the customer select more than 1 product in this step?
- A Required Step. Tick that box, if you require the customer to at least select 1 item.
- Hide from Step Progress. Tick that box if you wanna hide this step from the list of steps in the progress bar.
- Show Box Contents/Summary. Tick that box if you wanna show the currently selected products below the step title.
The variant option. You have two options here:
1. Show each variant separately. If selected, each variant will have its own item available for selection.
2. Show a variant select box beneath product. One item per product with a dropdown menu for the variant.
Using a collection!
( Before this step, make sure you understand collections in Shopify. If you don't, we recommend you first read more about them, here)
Show sort by drop-down menu. Allows customers to sort by product title, collections, and price.
Show collection filter. Allows customers to filter by collection for this step.
Show tags filter. Allows customers to sort by product tags.
Show title filter. Allows customers to filter by product title for this step.
The tags (optional)
If you tick the Show tags filter box, this is where you can create a list of tags to show in the drop-down menu. Don't forget to add a comma after each word. If you wanna create a tag using two words, they need to be written together (doublecheese, for example).
You are a good reader. We're done with the Steps section.