In this article, we will explore the reasons behind the "Cart error: Cannot find variant" message and provide troubleshooting steps to fix it.
After completing the builder journey, a variant of your builder is automatically generated. There are two reasons why an error might occur:
- The generated variant of the builder product has been deleted. BoxBuilder depends on this variant to function correctly, so deleting it will cause an error.
- The generated variant of the builder product has been manually changed or modified. Therefore, the builder cannot locate the original variant that caused an error.
To fix this error message, you have three options:
1. Duplicate the builder to resolve a variant error caused by the deletion or modification of the builder product variant.
2. Duplicate the product and reselect the product to your collection. Then, go back to your builder step to reselect the new duplicated product and collection.
Here's how to duplicate the product:
To add a recently duplicated product to your collection, simply select it again.
Reselect the product or collection in the builder step
3. If the first two steps didn't work. You can contact BoxBuilder Support Team to request cleaning of the metafields.
NOTE: Please make a test order at the end of troubleshooting to ensure that the variant error/issues have been effectively resolved.